Incubation Art Director
Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how art impacts gameplay, how character design can enable fan cosplays, or how character poses and environments speak to different cultures all around the world? As the Incubation Art Director, you will define the look of a new Bungie IP and work on all aspects of art to guide a prototype on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Collaborating closely with team to contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game project
- Produce high quality concepts to help find the overall look of the game
- Create concept art (thumbnails, sketches, model sheets, etc) ranging from characters to world to narrative to inspire the team
- Find and manage external art contractors who bring a wide variety of perspectives to the team
- At least 5 years of production experience in game, animation, tv or film projects
- Experience generating and developing conceptual ideas from prototype through finished product
- A strong understanding of character design (shape language, color, anatomy, etc)
- A solid understanding of environment design (composition, mood, light, etc)
- A passion for and/or desire to explore possibilities of stylized (real-time) visuals
- Embraces a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Comfortable building throwaway work to prove concepts as quickly as possible
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape
Nice To Have Skills
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Competency / willingness to execute as a 3d art generalist; modeling, shading, rigging, animation, lighting may all be relevant skills
- Graphic Design and/or UI visual design experience