Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how art impacts gameplay, how character design can enable fan cosplays, or how character poses and environments speak to different cultures all around the world? As Incubation Art Director, you will define the look of a new Bungie IP and work on all aspects of art to guide a prototype on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Collaborating closely with team to contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game
- Define the look of the project and elevating other artists' work to maintain craft quality
- Establish style guides and specs required to define and document the art direction of the project
- Develop milestones for art team through clear direction and sustainable scoping
- Lead and manage the relationships of external art contractors
- Help grow, mentor, and guide the team, including directly managing art team members
- At least 5 years of game art production experience, including experience in an art leadership role
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- A passion for and/or desire to explore possibilities of stylized (real-time) visuals
- Embraces a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Comfortable building throwaway work to prove concepts as quickly as possible
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Competency / willingness to execute as a 3d art generalist; modeling, shading, rigging, animation, lighting may all be relevant skills
- Graphic Design and/or UI visual design experience
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.