When you look at fresh new concept art what do you see? Do you see a 2D design that needs to be sculpted in 3D, or do you visualize how the buckles and straps fit together and hold armor over under suit in a functional and comfortable way? Do you think about the story a suit of armor tells the player, or the experience fighting through a hoard of the monsters you are about to realize in 3D? When you start to sculpt or texture, do you think about everyone that will need to work on the character in order to bring it to life for the player experience?
We are looking for Artists who champion the character design, the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. To breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. To bring smiles to people’s faces as they live the games we make together. If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team, and let’s create new worlds together!
Estimated Duration: 9 Months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Translate fully realized concepts or simple napkin sketches into next-gen models of characters and Armor
- Author realistic, futuristic, and sometimes space magic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- A well-rounded understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Ability to learn high to low poly pipelines
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback
- Dedicated interest and desire to create great games
- Experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.