Are you committed to helping teams and organizations succeed? We’re looking for a talented and driven Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) with demonstrated success in a dynamic, creative environment to join Bungie’s People Team. The HRBP is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides business advisory support to game development disciplines, while also directly contributing to People Team project work. The HRBP is instrumental in executing our people initiatives, providing internal customer support, and driving People Team functional excellence and process improvement. If you’re solution-oriented, hands-on, and approach challenges with positivity and humor, we want to talk to you!
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Bungie’s leaders and managers to: understand the needs, goals, and challenges of their teams/functions and provide perspective on how to successfully align people and business strategies, implement solutions, and improve organizational effectiveness, partner throughout the planning and execution of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Design and Effectiveness, D&I, and L&D programs and changes, (in partnership with the ER Manager) assess organization health, identify trends, and recommend solutions; provide coaching to enhance employee engagement and limit attrition; help drive the efficient resolution of employee relations issues, build manager capability by coaching managers through challenging employee and organizational issues
- Collaborate on the strategy, creation, and implementation of People Team programs and initiatives, ensuring that your client group is represented in the programs we build. Own and drive projects as needed
- Partner with business leaders and various internal teams (Recruitment, Finance, Legal, IT, etc.) to encourage innovation and ensure the continual improvement and relevance of People Team programs and processes
- Engage in difficult conversations, giving and receiving constructive feedback with professionalism and candor
- Adeptly balance business needs, goals, and values with employee advocacy
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, adapt to change, and flex when needed to pitch in on the day-to-day People Team work
- Experience in the gaming, entertainment, or tech industry
- Experience supporting a matrixed organization of technical and non-technical disciplines in an HRBP role
- Professional integrity, including discretion, confidentiality, judgement, and a strong work ethic
- Strong business and HR acumen, including demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective consulting skills, with an ability to influence in all directions and build and maintain strong relationships in a distributed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think analytically and de-escalate situations by providing information, direction, and advice
- Experience implementing innovative HR solutions
- Project Management capabilities
- Desire to foster a positive and collaborative work environment
- Ability to work autonomously while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Technical aptitude in MS Office applications as well as a variety of HR systems
- HR-specific education, training, or certification
- Experience creating and/or driving L&D or D&I initiatives
- Experience handling ER investigations, start to finish
- Experience implementing HR systems
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.