Bungie’s marketing and publishing team is searching for a Senior Graphic Designer with a strong focus on web and mobile experiences. As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will help expand our web design and digital marketing experiences for Destiny 2. You’ll be responsible for the visual design of our product marketing and similar pages while maintaining and improving the overall user-experience of our website and digital campaigns.
Ideally, you are a seasoned designer and self-starter with strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving capabilities. With minimal oversight, you’re able to own a project and see it through, from beginning conceptualization to final delivery. To create power and thoughtful designs, you’re able to work with and take direction from various stakeholders, including creative and art directors.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Own the product page and web design process from concept to final execution, on a broad range of initiatives to promote our games online
- Work closely with and frequently sync with our creative leadership to execute on marketing campaigns for our game releases and content updates throughout the year
- Collaborate with designers, artists, engineers, and marketing managers to deliver high-quality web designs and graphics that drive the player experience on our web sites
- Work independently to create digital images and graphics using in-engine tools or working with existing art to create unique, engaging, and effective designs
- Work through iterative processes to help create and optimize graphics according to pre-approved specs and modern standards for web and mobile
- Design responsive web experiences for all projects and are comfortable working on a wide variety of screen sizes (large desktop to mobile)
- Collaborate with publishing development to design, maintain, and optimize existing web components and build custom components when necessary
- Related experience designing for web and mobile, with a focus on marketing, graphic design, and communications
- Expertise in a broad range of UX design principles, including wireframing and prototyping
- Expert knowledge of visual design applications with Adobe CC (Photoshop and Illustrator) to modern product design applications, e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, etc.
- Able to create highly-detailed and effect digital composites in Photoshop using a wide array of art from photography, 3D images, screenshots or other visual assets
- Able to design vector illustrations and iconography for use on a wide variety of devices and resolutions
- Able to manage, collaborate, and give constructive feedback to other team designers
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, composition, and how graphic design can be most effective in communicating ideas, big and small
- Must have an online portfolio that showcases expertise in web and visual design
- Degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Interaction/UX Design, or related area
- Experience writing your own HTML/CSS/SASS and working in a shared CMS environment to build custom templates or designs
- Motion Graphics experience and ability to create animated GIFs or similar
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and or similar motion graphics programs
- Extensive knowledge of the Destiny games and universe
- Interest in games
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.