Bungie is seeking a highly technical, creative, and team focused Designer for an unannounced project. This role will be responsible for the creative and technical implementation of Social Systems, the player’s sense of history as well as improving the player’s account value.
As a Systems Design Lead you are often the pioneer of new experiences and technology; working with a variety of different disciplines to initially prove out an experience and then turning the best ones into templates that we use to build the social systems on this new project. You will lead a small team to deliver those systems, unblocking and empowering all members of the team and leading collaboration with partner teams.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Drive, coordinate, empower, and unblock the Systems teams in order to help them make amazing systems
- Ensure the Systems Team’s work is achievable by guiding them to appropriately adjust scope and ambition
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure they understand what they can expect from how systems will change for their releases
- Experience creating systems for a world class game
- Technical experience; enough to write text-based scripts (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines (written and verbal)
- Desire to work as part of a large team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience with systems design and/or development of procedural and systemic content
- Experience working on shared world games
- Experience in a non-design development role (artist, animator, audio, engineer, etc.)
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.