Bungie seeks a Principal Producer for an exciting opportunity to lead the production team's efforts within one of the Destiny 2 development groups! We are searching for an experienced leader to guide and optimize a major arm of Destiny production. As Principal Producer, you will be responsible for creation and sustainable execution of detailed production plans (including updating and altering the plans as needed). You will aid the Production Director in ensuring that the team follows production best practices and supports management and career growth of the producers on their team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a service mindset. If you're a Producer with a passion for continuous improvement, who is excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Lead a team of producers to create robust production plans for their development group and to execute effectively against those plans
- Lead and direct Producers within your development group. Collaborate with them to define near-term goals. Mentor them regarding project or people challenges. Support them in achieving career objectives
- Ensure your team is healthy and working optimally and sustainably to achieve the group's goals
- Produce your leadership team including scheduling and running rituals, tracking dev group risks, etc.
- Collaborate and regularly connect with other dev group discipline leads to resolve major risks to development plans
- Team up with Production Leads from other dev groups to align production plans across all development groups
- Lead by example in terms of production craft and subject matter expertise within the development group
- Iterate on production processes to continuously improve our velocity, teamwork, and transparency
- Assist the Production Director in managing production budgets, including both staff headcount and development budget, and shaping the future Destiny roadmap
- Evaluate development group production staffing needs and make recommendations for changes
- Help craft and drive the evolution of production practices at Bungie
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Proven product acumen to inform subjective product opinions
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams
- Champion for agile ways of working and a solid track record of applying agile concepts and practices
- Dedication to the principles of servant leadership
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Experience working on a live game ("games as a service")
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.