Do you dream about creating worlds imbued with real value and consequence? Can you imagine reward chases that excite and delight players without feeling like chores? Can you devise a way for a player to grow while preserving the delicate balance of an action game? If you answered yes to these questions, Bungie wants you on our team as our newest Systems Designer.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work with a small team to create a wide variety of pursuit and reward based systems
- Perform advanced scripting and tool work
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems
- Tune gameplay values to create compelling moments and a satisfying progression curve
- Game industry design experience
- Experience working with game development software and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work as part of a large team and ability to take feedback and direction appropriately
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Multiple shipped game systems within the console space
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.