As an Associate Tester, you will be working with your team to execute the testing for your various shipping features. Associate Testers are on the front line of test coverage and execution and become experts in the various means by which we test at Bungie. Associate Testers are able to leverage their knowledge of test approaches and game systems to identify gaps and work with their team to help iterate on tools and process improvements.
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines. As an Associate Tester, you will work with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development in order to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment, as well as highlight potential healthy paths forward. You will work alongside your teammates and lead to craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Executing tests at the various stages of development, including but not limited to test passes, ad-hoc testing, exploratory testing, validating user story acceptance criteria, and regression testing
- Learning the workflows and tools used by your small team, taking time to provide feedback on how the team could improve on approaches based on your day to day exposure to them
- Deep diving into content when investigating an issue in order to pinpoint the root cause and provide a detailed bug to the rest of your team
- Identifying gaps in test coverage and working with your team to close those gaps
- Excellent test fundamentals, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to update and execute scripts to support day to day workflows with minimal oversight
- Desire to develop test capabilities with a focus on white box and test efficiency improvements
- Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with teammates to seek guidance when blocked, comfortable embracing ignorance on the road to experience
- Ability to leverage understanding of game systems and content to uncover issues during each stage of development
- Desire to improve and grow yourself and continually optimize your test approach
- Experience working within Agile environments
- Experience with Destiny 2 or other Action/MMO style games
- Interest in exploring test feature ownership growth opportunities
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.