Bungie is looking for a hybrid Contract Test Lead and Contract Tester to guide and mentor a team of contracted testers to drive for excellence in delivering high value to our Destiny 2 fans. You would have the opportunity and responsibility of displaying excellent leadership skills while also performing efficient executions of Destiny 2 content via test passes, regressions, ad-hoc testing, and investigations.
Estimated Duration: 12 Months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Coordinate with Test Leads to prioritize and manage contracted test resources
- Mentor your team through best bug writing practices with a deep attention to detail
- Execute test work (test passes, regressions, etc.) as an individual contributor on your team
- Utilize excellent communication skills to succinctly explain complex issues to stakeholders
- Drive coordination of high impact test areas including, Test Passes, Ad-Hoc Testing, Regression Testing, etc.
- Work with Test Lead to guide team through day-to-day tasks, milestones, and training
- Create reports around team health and task deliverables to the direct manager
- Unblock test resources through golden path workflows
- Work with Test Lead to hold contract testers accountable to Test expectations
- Software testing experience
- Effective experience in video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
- Experience in a test leadership position (contract or full-time employee)
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Thorough troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and with teammates in the Test organization
- Willingness to manage complicated regression scenarios on multiple platforms (multi-tasking)
- Effective organizational skills
- Thorough personal testing capabilities
- Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player
- Ability to interpret game systems and use that knowledge to highlight potential exploits
- Previous experience working on shipped console or PC titles
- Experience testing multiple platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.