Do you love playing games, but love breaking them even more? Do you spend time picking apart game systems in order to understand them better? Or maybe to break them? Are you proud when you do break a game? We may have a job for you!
Bungie is looking for Testers who meet the rare criteria of being able to both push games to the limit with their creative ad-hoc approach and still understand how to execute a rigorous test pass against a well-understood system. Quality Assurance Testers at Bungie should constantly be thinking about the player experience and should leverage that approach to help us find the bugs that will negatively impact the players’ enjoyment of Destiny. This will require a strong desire to move between a wide range of complex game systems, an excitement to continuously learn them, but the results will speak for themselves when players get to experience the high-quality, polished game thanks to your efforts.
Estimated Duration: Up to 12 Months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Coordinate with a Test Lead to direct your day-to-day testing
- Log excellent bugs with a deep attention to detail
- Utilize your amazing communication skills to explain complex issues to stakeholders
- Other test responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills when describing technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
- Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player
- Accurate and quick execution of manual test cases and ad-hoc testing
- Ability to work independently and with teammates
- Strong organizational skills
- Software testing experience
- Video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
- Ability to interpret game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits
- Previous experience working on shipped console or PC titles
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.