We’re seeking a driven artist to help expand the Destiny universe through spectacular visual effects!
The ideal candidate brings a passion to learn advanced technical and artistic skills. The candidate understands how to work with a team and will be expected to learn the challenges of modern AAA game development to produce stunning in-game visual effects that support gameplay, cinematics, and environments.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to author effect assets that enhance gameplay and storytelling
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and 3D Studio Max to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project with the performance demands of the game engine
- Help develop Destiny’s visual language through the craft of visual effects
- Build productive working relationships with your team
- Understands the principles of real time visual effects
- Experience with node based shaders
- Understanding of Art and Visual Design fundamentals (color theory, etc.)
- Familiarity in Photoshop and 3D packages
- Ability and willingness to follow direction, collaborate productively with others, and work to meet deadlines as necessary
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates artistic and technical skills, as well as a firm grasp of timing and scale
- A dedicated interest for games
- Be able to break down a visual effect into component content-types (particle FX, shader FX, mesh FX, post-process, animation, decal, lighting, etc.) and choose the right tools for the job
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- Animation background
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.