Bungie is seeking an experienced SDET Lead for an unannounced project. At Bungie, we highly value our Test organization. Part of that respect is empowering them to do creative and thoughtful testing while asking SDETs to help tackle the test work that does not scale effectively. This means developing a wide variety of automated tests and other technology that addresses high risk areas without resorting to throwing people at the problem. You will work with Test and Engineering Leadership to develop a strategy and then drive execution of that vision. This is also a rare opportunity to build a team from the ground up. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and coaching your team to success.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build, manage and grow a team of SDETs
- Build and maintain the roadmap of test technology for project
- Work with Senior Test Leadership to create an overall strategy for integrating SDETs with Test org
- Work with Senior Test Leadership to understand top test risks and where SDETs can have the biggest impact in mitigating
- Drive timely delivery of automated tests (pre-submit, stress, performance, etc.) and other high impact risk mitigations
- Work with key stakeholders to set pre-submit bar and own execution
- Understand cost / benefits of different solutions; avoid over-engineering where a long term need has not been proven
- Own all production aspects of team's work (e.g. scheduling, prioritization, stakeholder communication, etc.)
- Identify and communicate requirements to partner teams building foundational technology (e.g. automation frameworks), including following up and adjusting SDET team goals when delivery schedule is misaligned to key project dates
- Drive education of automated testing across Test / Engineering orgs (e.g. what cases are available, how to execute, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability as both a people manager and project leader
- Professional experience testing games
- Have knowledge of a wide variety of game systems and how to apply different test techniques to each successfully
- Have demonstrated ability in building robust / scalable game client automated tests
- Strong background in C# and related technologies
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science
- C/C++ development experience
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.