Do you get a thrill from throwing yourself into difficult problems with unclear solutions? Do you like being a nexus of information and capability across test, design, and engineering workflows? Have you written scripts to tell your computer to do your work for you? Are you a renaissance person, always looking to learn something new making sure others have a pathway to that knowledge as well?
Production Engineers are force multipliers who use their expertise across Bungie systems and their passion for supporting others to augment the studio's effectiveness at shipping high quality content. As a Production Engineer, you will find yourself to identify improvements to our workflows and unblock and provide desk-side support to content creators often on tight deadlines. You will use this experience both to be an advocate for content creators to the Engineering org and to find workable short-term solutions and pushing for meaningful long-term solutions to prevent the issues from happening again. You will often work autonomously as you navigate a multitude of evolving workflows for the teams you support.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Solve unexpected and difficult problems in unfamiliar areas, often in times of crisis
- Support small to medium sized teams in day-to-day work
- Identify and drive workflow and process improvements
- Test and verify usability of in-development workflows
- Perform complex set up of in-game assets and scripts
- Create and maintain documentation on proprietary tool sets
- Write tools and scripts to improve content creation efficiency and quality
- Service-oriented mentality
- Quick learner in unfamiliar areas
- High levels of autonomy and proactivity
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical developers
- Demonstrable scripting or object-oriented programming experience
- Experience with Windows command line and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with source control software, especially Perforce
- Experience working on a AAA game
- Technical Art or Computer Science education or applicable work experience
- Desk-side technical support experience
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation applications (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Wwise)
- Familiarity with game development suites (Unity, Unreal)
- Familiarity with end user UR or UX best practices
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.