Bungie Studios is looking for talented individuals to help create awe-inspiring visuals for breath-taking gaming worlds. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent to develop a visually inspired AAA title.
- Collaborate with mission designers to design environments that are awesome game-play spaces as well as visually stunning works of art
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to finished states
- UV map and paint custom texture sets for levels
- Light spaces using proprietary lighting tools developed just for you
- Finish out environments with detail objects, decals, dynamic lights, and animated objects
- Efficient communication skills
- Strong understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Good sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Understanding of how the environment affects game play
- Undergraduate degree or completion of a certificate program that provides an education in the fundamentals of art and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience within game development crafting playable environments
- Responsible time management skills
- A strong interest for games and creating gaming environments
- Experience with robust game engine(s)
- Experience collaborating with fellow artists, game designers and other disciplines
- Knowledge of current content building techniques
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.