The Destiny 2 Systems Development Group evolves the Destiny hobby by providing innovation and consistency to all core gameplay systems across all Destiny 2 releases. The Rewards Associate Art Director is responsible for driving the visual player reward fantasies and experience throughout.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Chart the vision for art content including but not limited to weapons, armor, vehicles and accessories, both earned through play and purchased via MTX
- Collaborate closely with the Systems Art Director and Art Discipline Leads to define and maintain craft executional quality through clear art direction and sustainable scoping for internal and externally created content
- Engage effectively with Art and Design leads from other Development Groups to ensure their content supports the thematic and experience goals of each release
- Curate fashion cycles and drive category innovations to generate continued player excitement
- Work with Destiny External Development team to provide clear art direction and feedback for external developed content
- Demonstrate passion for Destiny as a whole as well as the specific mandate of the Reward Group
- Experience as an Art Lead or equivalent role in game companies or related field
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills, with a proven track record of delivering feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- Experience taking initiative to solve problems, excellent follow-through, a positive, professional attitude, and passion to collaborate
- Strong grounding in at least one game development art craft
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.