The Cinematics Team is a unique place at Bungie. Do you have the flame-resistant clothing necessary to throw yourself at the resource bonfires we create? Can you help secure the funds for the enormous checks that we write? Can you follow the arcane analogies that we come up with?
Every day in our department is spent overcoming creative and technological hurdles in an effort to push theatrical-quality cinematic visual storytelling into a real-time environment. You'd be crazy to join us. But we're crazy, so you'd fit right in.
Estimated Duration: 9 months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Working closely with the Cinematics Lead to build our narrative cut-scenes as featured within the Destiny Universe.
- Pre-visualization, shot design, and layout of scenes and sequences, creating camerawork and editing scenes.
- Motion Capture, lensing, and initial editorial layout and implementation of shots and sequences.
- Asset management and organization in the creation of layout files prepared for the cinematic animation team.
- Familiar with the boundaries of character performance through motion capture and hand-keyed animation techniques.
- Contributing to polish work that supports final camera, environment and set-decoration, lighting, VFX and animation.
- Proficient communication and problem-solving skills.
- Practical understanding of cinematography and editing techniques.
- Strong animation knowledge in both motion capture and hand-keyed disciplines.
- Familiar with post-production software such as After-Effects or Premiere.
- Expert in Maya.
- BA/BFA or equivalent professional video-game cinematics, animation, film, or VFX experience.
- Attention to detail and experience solving technological problems.
- Familiar with the processes of visual storytelling within digital and practical mediums.
- Experience and knowledge using practical cameras and lenses for photography and/or cinematography.
- Knowledge and understanding of game engines such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Experience editing/blending Motion Capture performance using software packages such as Autodesk MotionBuilder and Maya.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.