Are you looking for the challenge of creating great cooperative gameplay player experiences? Do you relish the idea of crafting player stories about fireteam going into the unknown and achieving the impossible? Can you imagine how to construct challenges that demand coordination to overcome? Do you believe game rewards should be prestigious, earned by commitment, mastery, and replay? If so, you just might be the ideal candidate to become Bungie’s next Raid Designer.
As a Raid Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to generate ideas for a raid encounters and converting them into fully realized 6-player experiences in the game. Raid Designers are tasked with writing all of the script logic of the activity, building a database of mechanic components, authoring the structure that defines the location of enemy combatants in the encounter, as well as working closely with the World Artists to craft level designs. You will balance the gameplay skill and coordination required from groups of players to overcome the difficulty of your encounter designs.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Write and maintain design specs that define experience goals based on theme of creative direction
- Continuously align with the Area lead to ensure all design elements support the creative direction and are cohesive with activity pillars.
- Collaborate with and articulate dependencies for collaborator teams: Test, VFX, Bosses, Audio, and Narrative
- Build and maintain content: encounter, object, activity, investment
- Skillfully iterate your design based on feedback from: Area leadership, collaborators, and playtesting
- Vast internal game development experience
- Experience of feature ownership/team management
- Create, task, & track work of collaborators necessary to deliver complex activity composed of multiple features
- Demonstrable design acumen: spatial, mechanical, experiential (pacing/tuning)
- Proficiency with Unity or comparable level design tool
- Read and write Python or comparable scripting language
- Functional understanding of tags workflow or comparable database editor
- In depth knowledge of Destiny Raids or comparable pinnacle cooperative PvE activity
- Exemplary communication skills, social intelligence, great interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.