Are you excited by technology and team building? Do you want to help shape the culture and craft of one of the top engineering departments in the industry?
As the Head of Engineering, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and be part of the Office of the CTO (OCTO). You will lead the Bungie engineering organization, help shape our technology strategy, and drive craft and management excellence through the engineering department.
The right candidate will foster a happy, engaged, buoyant, and ever learning engineering organization.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Promote a culture of excellence, candor, and accountability
- Work as a team within the office of the CTO
- Contribute to the creation of Bungie's technology values, vision, and strategy
- Work with franchise teams to roll values, vision, and strategy into Annual Operating Plan goals
- Assist Engineering Directors and technology leaders with development issues, organizational design, and team health
- Directly manage and mentor the Engineering Directors from each franchise and shared technology services
- Co-construct Engineering Directors performance goals, objectives, and development plans
- Identify high risk technical areas and work with Engineering Directors to mitigate
- Oversee engineering training programs
- Proactively align business unit engineering resourcing needs with internal talent, rolling needs into future-looking staffing strategies and succession planning
- Ensure proper team design and process that supports project execution goals as well as successful management and leadership
- Partner with the Bungie People Team and other discipline leads to provide consistent management leadership across the company
- Run the people development cycle for the engineering department
- Experience in effectively managing personnel and developing a large scale (100+), high performance organization
- A proven desire to focus on a management and strategic role for the engineering discipline as opposed to directing
- Proven experience as an Engineering Director on AAA games
- Excellent leadership and effective communication skills
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.