Bungie Studios is looking for talented individuals to help create awe-inspiring visuals for breath-taking gaming worlds. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent to develop a visually-inspired AAA title.
As a palette artist, you'll be part of the team developing our modular kits for architectural interiors and exteriors, and building a full suite of assets to populate a dense and vibrant world.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Create clean, efficient, and visually stunning world building assets
- Collaborate with world artists, narrative and mission designers to create assets for use in world building
- Assets need to support well-crafted gameplay spaces and serve as visually stunning works of art
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to finished states
- Help devise and construct modular construction sets and custom assets
- UV map and paint custom texture sets for levels
- Texture and shader development
- Effective communication skills
- Thorough understanding of how to build for modularity, versatility, and efficiency
- Thorough understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Good sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Understanding of how environments affect game play
- Undergraduate degree or completion of a certificate program that provides an education in the fundamentals of art and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience in game development crafting in-game content
- Effective time management skills
- A strong interest for games and creating gaming environments
- Experience with full-featured, modern game engine(s)
- Experience collaborating with fellow artists, game designers and other disciplines
- Knowledge of current content building techniques
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.