Do you identify as a Game Designer who specializes in Audio? As a Sound Designer, you complete the equation that breathes life into the game world, and helps players to succeed in it. Bungie needs an audio artist eager to work in multiple areas and styles to join a brand-new project. This is a unique opportunity to join an audio team at the ground level and help define its signature sounds for years to come.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Create audio assets ranging from weapons to ambiences to dialog to foley
- Effectively manage and implement your own audio assets
- Collaborate directly with artists, designers, and engineers to construct engaging sounds and the systems that drive them
- Work in partnership with your team to establish and fulfill the franchise audio vision
- Participate in determining technical and artistic approaches in developing new tools and workflows
- Established record of designing iconic content that works on both worldbuilding and gameplay feedback axes
- Understanding of game audio aesthetics, implementation methods, and mix techniques
- Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Pro Tools, Nuendo, and Reaper
- Experience implementing game audio via Audiokinetic WWise
- An understanding of traditional studio engineering, audio post production, and location recording techniques
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, self-directed work environment
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.