Bungie is seeking a talented Visual Design Artist to delight millions of fans by producing 2D graphical assets for Destiny 2. The Artist will work with and take direction from design and art leads, along with other stakeholders, to create iconic and memorable designs that contribute to Destiny’s award-winning UI design.
Estimated Duration: 9 Months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion
- Produce various graphical assets and 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles
- Maintain consistency with the Destiny franchise aesthetic pillars across a wide variety of deliverable
- Understanding of branding design and creating icons according to a specific style guide
- Illustration skills with the ability to produce 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools, such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- Effective organization skills and the ability to follow established conventions
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools quickly
- Must have online portfolio
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms
- Familiarity with the Destiny games and universe
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.