Bungie is seeking a Producer to work with a cross-discipline area to create first-in-class combat experiences. The Combat Producer will be responsible for shepherding these teams to milestone goals and ensure their on-time delivery. At Bungie, Producers are individual contributors responsible for the production processes in their areas. This role will work with the Combat Area Producer to create and implement project plans, schedules, and processes for the small teams creating experiences in game. The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, organized, has experience producing a range of game content using diverse processes, and is excited about creating compelling boss, combatant, and gameplay experiences.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work with Combat area and feature leads to build production plan for area/small teams through each stage of development; aligning strategy and deliverables to product vision
- Manage and direct the priorities of the small team(s) within Combat; including planning, scheduling, assigning, and tracking of detailed tasks and dependencies
- Schedule and drive small team rituals including regular sprint planning cadence. Responsible for ensuring all team members have clear committed work each sprint
- Track team velocity and maintain forecast, enabling area leadership to constantly evaluate plan against the project timeline and milestones
- Author and send regular cadence sprint reports to stakeholders and leadership; including clear status and performance metric communication
- Facilitate collaboration with other disciplines and teams, including anticipating and taking steps to avoid cross-team conflicts, both laterally across groups and dependent teams as well as hierarchically through leadership structures
- Manage the schedule and risks in given areas, while escalating issues with proposed solutions
- Identify and address any process bottlenecks, in conjunction with the Combat area leads
- Monitor team morale and work to keep teams energized, united, and solution focused
- Schedule and coordinate the details for all necessary meetings in accordance with individual and production schedules, and ensure action items are followed up on
- Build and maintain all documentation necessary for the successful planning and tracking of your area
- Communicating effectively and leaving no doubt about the plan of record
- Stays up to date with playing the live and in development content, regularly offering product/player insight to teams
- Relevant experience producing a medium-sized group of varied disciplines
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Exemplary communication and organization skills
- Results oriented, focused, and composed under pressure
- Able to identify and resolve conflicts with members of various disciplines and external partners in a clear and efficient manner
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enthusiam and knowledge of the games industry
- Thorough understanding of game development processes and disciplines
- Experience with MS Office Suite or similar software and/or diverse project management methodologies
- Experience with agile development processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Completed one or more large scale game cycles from start to finish or two or more non-game production cycles
- Familiar with Destiny
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.