We are seeking an experienced Manager of Accounting to manage critical accounting and financial reporting processes. The successful candidate will bring experiences developing and implementing effective processes to create strong accounting controls and drive effective and efficient financial reporting.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Manage operational accounting for revenue recognition, game development, equity accounting and all aspects of the business
- Implement processes, systems and tools that improve and streamline the accounting and financial reporting processes
- Recommend system enhancements and investments to drive process automation
- Engage with business partners to understand new business strategies to determine accounting impacts
- Partner with FP&A to drive improvements in financial reporting to plan and manage the business
- Research emerging accounting issues and document technical accounting treatment
- Document accounting risks and controls
- Contribute to the growth and culture of the Finance team
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format
- Operate with a high sense of urgency and ownership
- Bachelor’s degree, as well as 7+ years of relevant and progressive work experience
- Active CPA with public accounting experience required
- Strong GAAP technical knowledge
- Ability to work well independently on complex and ambiguous tasks within a small team
- Detail-oriented, analytical with a focus on accuracy
- Experience with Workday or other modern ERP systems
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the games industry
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaborative working relationships with teams across a diverse organization
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.