Bungie is searching for an experienced Systems Administrator. You will be supporting the infrastructure and people working on our world class games. Bungie's IT Support team is a small group whose day-to day duties and challenges are varied, from supporting creative staff with high end applications to maintaining server, network and technical infrastructure. Ideally, you have strong troubleshooting skills, a team oriented attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and an interest in expanding your technical breadth. As we often tread the cutting edge on new technology adoption, adaptability and a strong desire to research, investigate, and roll out new technologies is a must.
- Administer user accounts (Active Directory / Exchange / Teams)
- Provide VLAN configuration support
- Install workstation operating systems according to documented procedures and/or customer specific needs
- Provides end user application support and troubleshoots computer and complex networking issues
- Run and/or punch down network cabling from switches or patch panels to desks, servers, etc.
- Provide support for Windows 10, and Macintosh OS, with limited troubleshooting of UNIX / LINUX systems
- Provide hardware, software and systems support
- Use custom tools to support users and their systems
- Install and track software and licenses
- Analyze and debug software applications
- Regularly create and update SOP documentation
- Patch and update workstation, server, and networking equipment
- Deploy and troubleshoot development hardware
- Maintain MDT deployment shares
- Maintain backup system and change out tapes in library
- Configure and monitor sensors for critical tasks and problems
- Provide technical support to peers during problem determination and resolution
- Assist with equipment installation/relocation during team reorganizations and expansions
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment inventory and related documentation
- Research and recommend approaches for projects and other system administration tasks
- Rack and install server and network hardware
- Receive and ship inventory on an as needed basis
- Documents approved articles, processes and configurations to IT Support knowledge base
- Support the configuration, deployment and maintenance of all systems
- Support the configuration, deployment and maintenance of network services, servers and backup systems
- Work with vendors to support, update and maintain of all systems
- Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations which might affect the location and make recommendations for changes as required
- Coach staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with company goals, objectives, and budget
- Previous experience in a similar role including within an enterprise environment
- Ability to work in a multiplatform hardware environment (PC, MAC, Server, IOS, Android and Linux)
- Proficient in installation and administration of multiple operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS
- Experience with IP networking (subnetting, VLANS, routing)
- Proficient with common software applications and protocols such as MS Office, Mac Office, Kaspersky, SSH, FTP, etc.
- Proficient with command line tools
- Backup system experience
- Must be self-motivated, team player, and able to immediately contribute to a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and customer service skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Experience in a role involving direct customer contact (internal and external customers)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds as needed
- Bachelors or Masters degree in IT/ Computer Science, or a related field
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Some experience with AV systems (projectors, HD televisions, audio receivers etc.)
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Self-starter and ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work well within a team
- Server HW troubleshooting, and experience in a high availability datacenter style environment
- Experience in server disk array management and troubleshooting
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.