Bungie Studios is looking for talented individuals to help create awe-inspiring visuals for breath-taking gaming worlds. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent to develop a visually inspired AAA title.
The sky isn’t always the limit. Bungie is looking for a tech-savvy Sky Artist who daydreams about modeling, texturing and animating 3d content to create atmospheric vistas. As a sky artist you will work directly with the Lead Sky Artist to create the amazing backgrounds that are part of the environments and scenes in Bungie games. A central position, you will be directly involved in the exciting collaboration between designers, world artists, cinematics, and effects while being exposed to amazing rendering and lighting pipelines and tools.
- Create 3d skies and landscapes required to complete any 3D environment or cinematic scenes in the game while working with the cinematic and environment disciplines.
- Create 3d geometry & 2d matte painted elements to be used as backgrounds for environments or cut-scenes
- Bring the sky environment to life by lighting, animating shaders and geometry.
- Troubleshoot and use talents to create visually stunning backgrounds which match and enhance the game’s style and 3D requirements, using direction given by the Lead Sky Artist
- Ability to model poly objects, texture them and compose them into the scene to create a stunning 3d matte painting.
- Experience preferred as a 2D/3D Artist on a published title
- Thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Strong skills in painting (photorealism), drawing, composition, color matching
- Ability to create matte paintings stylistically and / or photos realistically using 2D and 3D applications
- Ability to integrate illustration with existing 3D environments
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks independently while working within the framework of a team
- Excellent aptitude for problem solving
- Must be able to continually adapt and adopt new technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.