Bungie Publishing is looking for an experienced and seasoned Communications Discipline Lead for Destiny 2 to support and drive the team on end-to-end innovative product communications campaigns daily for Destiny 2.
This role is a key member of Destiny 2’s publishing leadership team and is an internal-facing role focused on driving strategic alignment, innovation, and end-to-end execution attached to commercial goals on the daily communications efforts on Destiny 2, creating high-functioning working relationships and high-output results with the game development team and multiple stakeholders across Bungie Publishing, from global product and marketing, the broader communications and community team, and supporting initiatives from consumer products, and the Bungie Foundation teams.
The primary responsibility of this role is to architect the end-to-end development and execution of complex communications strategies and plans, a large part of which will be driving internal collaboration, alignment, team rituals, and reporting in support of the Destiny 2 communications and community team, including mentoring and investing in talented, high-performing team members.
The ideal candidate will have proven management experience and should be a flexible, motivated self-starter focused on driving and empowering the team’s work, who can adapt quickly to changing factors in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying highly organized, proactive and delivering aligned results against the broader Publishing organization’s goals.
This role reports to the Director of Global Communications.
- In close collaboration with the development team and Bungie Publishing team, develop, manage and execute creative and strategic communications plans for the Destiny 2 live service game that is seamlessly integrated into the broader marketing campaign and sets a gold standard for the industry
- Creates a data-informed culture among teams in idea conception and results. Seamlessly blends data and player insights into recommendations that secures cross-functional alignment and drives measurable, customer-oriented executions in partnership with business intelligence
- Develop and support the diversely skilled talent on the Destiny 2 communications and community team. Mentor and promote the knowledge, results and career development of team members, including maintaining updated job profiles
- Manage the global budget for Destiny 2 with the Director of Global Communications and, as needed, with marketing or third-party partnership activations
- Draft, compile, maintain and deliver communication campaign reports and regularly prepare detailed measurement of campaign ROI for Destiny 2
- Help coordinate collaborative efforts between the Destiny 2 development team, different departments within Bungie and with international teams
- Manage external agencies to assist in executing successful campaigns for communications support and analytics tools
- Extensive experience in gaming, technology, or entertainment companies. Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities
- Strategic thinker and a modern communicator with proven results that clearly drive commercial goals
- Seasoned management experience with proven experience driving results from a talented team of high-performing individual contributors
- Established experience working in a similar capacity on a live service game or product across international communities and time zones
- Strong team player and able to integrate multiple department and stakeholder views into effective product communications strategy and achievable executions
- Excellent and concise communicator in presentation, verbal, and written copy, with the ability to transform complex principles into consumer-friendly messages on deadline
- Experience finding proactive and creative solutions to unplanned challenges and changing objectives
- Ability to quantify results with sophisticated data analysis and metrics
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience being able to anticipate upcoming situations, escalate a solution-driven plan, communicate to stakeholders and execute in a timely manner relevant to the crisis
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.