Bungie is looking for an experienced Product Support Technician. You will be supporting the infrastructure and people working on our world class games. Bungie's IT support team is a small group whose day-to day duties and challenges are varied, from supporting creative staff with high end applications to maintaining server and technical infrastructure. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting skills, a good team attitude, exceptional customer service skills and a hunger for expanding their technical breadth. We often tread the razor’s edge on new technology adoption, so adaptability and a strong desire to research, investigate and roll out new technologies is a must.
We are looking for a Product Support Technician capable of testing and troubleshooting all aspects of the hardware and software systems used in the development of our games. (Hardware would be PCs and DevKits, software includes our extensive development catalog, along with OS familiarity with Windows, Mac, and UNIX/LINUX).
- Install workstation operating systems according to documented procedures and/or customer specific needs
- Troubleshoot computer and basic networking issues
- Understand the infrastructure cabling topology of the server labs, run/punch down network cabling from switches or patch panels to desks, servers, etc.
- Provides support for MS Windows 7, 8.x, 10, and Macintosh OS, with limited troubleshooting of UNIX / LINUX systems
- Provides hardware, software and systems support
- Use custom tools to support users and their systems
- Administer user accounts (Active Directory/MS Exchange/MS Lync)
- Install and track software and licenses (P4 / File share)
- Participate in analyzing and debugging desktop software applications
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment, inventory and related documentation
- Assist in the deployment of dev kits
- Assist with equipment installation and relocation during team reorganizations and expansions
- Rack and install server and network hardware
- Receive and ship inventory on an as needed basis
- Assist with documenting approved articles to the IT Support knowledge base
- Experience in a related line of work
- Proficient in using troubleshooting tools (Resource Monitor, ProcMon, Sysinternals, etc)
- Ability to work in a multiplatform hardware environment (PC, MAC, RAID, IOS, Android and some Linux)
- Skilled in installation and administration of operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.X, 10 and Mac OS
- Experience with IP networking (Subnetting, VLANS, Routing)
- Proficiency in software applications and protocols including MS Office, Mac Office, SSH, FTP, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Competent with command line tools
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and able to immediately contribute
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical, fast paced and deadline intensive environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and service delivery skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Experience in a role involving direct customer contact (internal and external customers)
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds as needed
- Degree in an IT associated field of study
- ComTIA A+ Certification
- Some experience with AV systems (projectors, HD televisions, audio receivers etc.)
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Self-starter and ability to work without supervision
- Server HW troubleshooting and experience in a high availability datacenter style environment
- Experience in server disk array management and troubleshooting
- Experience with batch scripting for enterprise management
- Familiarity with OS deployment tools (MDT, Fogg, etc.)
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.