Bungie is seeking a Community Manager to be based out of Bungie’s future international office in Amsterdam to manage the Bungie communities in the U.K., France, and Germany.
Your mission is to understand and build Bungie’s growing communities in these regions, inspire player connection and engagement locally by building out and executing community campaigns across those territories.
Community Managers are an integral part of the international Bungie publishing team, including driving initiatives in line with the marketing and communication goals, working closely with the social media team, player support, industry partners and the development team to facilitate understanding and communication between all groups.
Locally, Bungie community managers create safe places where players can interact with one another, foster relationships with content creators, community leaders, and help provide deep insight to the Bungie development and publishing teams.
This role reports locally to the Communications Director EMEA, with an expected deep collaboration and partnership with the Bungie HQ team to continue to build and drive our one Bungie player community all around the world.
Estimated Duration: 24 months
- Help deliver 360° EMEA & local communications campaigns working closely with PR, Social & Marketing Managers, aligned to global goals and regional KPI’s
- Develop and execute culturally-relevant community initiatives in the English, French, and German markets that exemplify the Bungie experience, partnering with the regional marketing managers & global team on alignment, resourcing
- Monitor the player conversation in the U.K., France, and Germany and report game or sentiment issues internally to the international and HQ teams
- Support the release of official Destiny marketing assets and global campaigns
- Partner with Localization editors to translate and quality control marketing content
- Support official, language-specific social media channels, including creating and posting content, moderation, t 1:1 engagement as necessary, hand in hand with our EMEA Social Agency and French, German & English Social Media Managers
- Participate in internal conversations to represent the local player base and how to enhance the player experience
- Participate in external conversation as necessary with players in the respective regions via official local channels
- Collaborate with Player Support to address issues that impact gameplay
- Deliver data-driven reports on region-specific activities and sentiment to global digital team
- Identify and amplify local content creators and community leaders
- Sustain a consistent voice for the studio and the game in the U.K., France, and Germany in partnership with the Bungie HQ team
- Interact with players in the online places where they thrive, including the game itself
- As needed, draft relevant regional content for the Bungie Blog to educate, inform, and celebrate the local community
- In partnership with marketing and communications, may host live engagements to bring players together at conventions or meetups
- Experience in community management and/or social media management roles in a global company environment
- Experience in integrated campaign management, content marketing, marketing communications, product marketing in an agile environment
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver marketing campaigns and projects on time, on budget, and with measurable impact across international markets
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for enabling and measuring proactive and reactive public conversations in a live game service environment
- Experience working with content creators/streamers
- Strong communication skills, as well as insights for building and structuring online interactions
- Ability to work from a home office or shared office space
- Fluent proficiency in English, French and or German
- FPS / live games core player
- Deep familiarity with video games industry and game as a service, MMO and gaming mobile type of products
- Affinity/deep love with Destiny products
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.