Reporting to the Destiny Universe Executive Creative Director, you’ll drive projects that extend the Destiny franchise into new categories including TV, films, books, comics and audio formats. As a storyteller and “guardian” of the Destiny IP, you will identify, select, guide, collaborate, and provide feedback to third parties and partners enabling them to tell additional myths in the Destiny universe that delight our fans while capturing the hearts and minds of new audiences.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Work directly with Destiny Universe Leadership Team to coordinate productions, franchise plans, and cross/transmedia stories, as well as establish and execute against IP goals, and address potential conflicts between various efforts
- Be the key point of contact that ensures and maintains creative alignment between Bungie/Destiny and all of its external creative partners, pre-emptively identifies and resolves potential issues across all Destiny experiences and partners, and successfully launches, and then supports, all non-gaming Destiny experiences
- Define and drive approval process for all externally-developed non-interactive stories
- Attend table reads, run-throughs and shoots, and work with stories' producers, studio production executive, network and/or publisher to solve creative and production-related issues
- Provide notes and approval on pitches, stories, outlines, scripts, drafts, storyboards, animatics, and cuts to ensure creative quality
- Source and develop opportunities for future media partnerships and collaborations that help realize the vision for the Destiny Universe
- Passion for Destiny, ideally having spent hundreds of hours playing Destiny the game and exploring its world
- Credited on multiple series/films with experience in animation, scripted television development or current programming, ideally from either a production or a development stand-point – at a network, studio or production company
- Intimate knowledge of the entire creative and product lifecycle, from developing ideas from their earliest inception all the way to final release to audiences.
- Ability to generate their own creative ideas, collaborate with teams to upgrade creative ideas, and ability to guide others and work with partners to execute them
- Project management record of delivering on budget, on time, at high quality
- Love of multiple media categories and franchise building
- Experience adapting and extending IP to new mediums
- Experience in fictional novel and graphic novel publishing, either as writer, editor or publishing capacities
- Strong relationships with agents, managers, writers, directors, book editors and producers
- Relationships with broadcast, cable, streaming and publishing counterparts
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.