- Careers //
- Engineering //
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Software EngineeringApply Now
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bungie, you will use your software engineering expertise to help architect, build and operate Bungie's most critical infrastructure. The SRE discipline at Bungie is comprised of talented engineers focused on making reliability a feature across the organization.
Bungie SREs are embedded with service engineers, systems engineers, operations, and product owners to maintain and improve Bungie’s online worlds. You’ll not only get to know our current services, you’ll help improve them! Our goal is to create more reliable online experiences for our players while helping Bungie deliver on our studio’s core purpose: "We create worlds that inspire friendship."
- Develop and implement metrics and automation to improve availability and reduce manual effort
- Learn and promote core SRE principles within Bungie (e.g. SLO - Service Level Objectives, SLI - Service Level Indicators, etc.)
- Collaborate with teams to help define how future products are deployed, monitored, and operate
- Communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Applying Objected Oriented Programming fundamentals to deliver software solutions to operational problems. (C#/C++/Java)
- Experience writing and maintaining backend microservices in a high concurrency server architecture.
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals— “Teams are stronger than heroes” is one of the core Bungie values
- Working knowledge of how to apply CI/CD principals to large scale production workloads
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Practices (Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Familiarity with SRE core principles (e.g. SLO, SLA, SLI, Error Budget, etc.)
- Willing to manage 1-2 engineers
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.