Bungie is seeking an Art Director capable of aligning partner studios to the visual direction of the Destiny IP. The Art Director is a key member of project leadership and drives process and communication both internally and with international partners to ensure that the project is on track and at quality. The Art Director will work with both an internal team and external partners to ensure we are making a great Destiny experience for players, optimized for platform and market territories, and upholding the Destiny IP pillars and brand.
- Set a clear vision for the project and communicate clearly and broadly
- Ensure consistency of quality and visual direction for all art on the project
- Work with partner creative teams to drive the artistic development of the game
- Creatively solve visual problems in collaboration with internal and partner team members, including other Art Directors, Art Leads, and Artists
- Partner with the production team to ensure schedules and plans meet project needs
- Become an expert on Destiny IP and guide partner teams with feedback and approvals
- Establish style guides and specs required to define and document the art direction of the project
- Lead and manage the relationships of partner art teams
- Help grow, mentor, and guide the team, including directly managing art team members
- Shipped at least one AAA or large mobile title as an Art Director
- Experience working with External partners, or as Outsourcing Art Director
- Strong communication skills and a positive, professional attitude fueled by a passion to collaborate in a cross-culture environment
- Initiative to solve problems and an excellent follow-through
- Experience delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- Desire to work closely with game design to ensure the game's art improves the player experience
- Ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push the Destiny art style
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Willingness to travel to China and/or host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months)
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5pm-8pm PST)
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
- Chinese language skills are a plus
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.