Production Engineers (PE) are force multipliers who use their expertise across Bungie systems and their passion for supporting others to augment the studio's effectiveness at shipping high quality content. As a Production Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for helping the Production Engineering org deliver on its goals. You will do this through managing a small group of PEs, providing craft mentorship, and setting the vision for PE support within your assigned development group.
At other companies, this role is sometimes referred to as:
- Support Engineering Manager
- Developer Support Manager
- Technical Support Manager
- Technical People Manager
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Functions as the PE lead for a large area or a number of smaller areas
- Works with development group leadership to determine support needs and drive meeting those needs
- Is an active member of the Production Engineering Leadership Team
- Contributes productively to the development of the PE craft and discipline
- Manages 2 to 4 Production Engineers
- Proactively works to assess and resolve organization health risks
- Solve unexpected and difficult problems in unfamiliar areas, often in times of crisis
- Identify and drive workflow and process improvements
- Experience managing multiple reports
- Experience successfully interacting and aligning with senior levels of leadership
- Service-oriented mentality
- Quick learner in unfamiliar areas
- High levels of autonomy and proactivity
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical developers and facilitate conversations between them
- Can use data to inform their decision making
- Can act as a lead on short-term projects, successfully helping team members reach their objectives
- Experience with Windows command line and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with source control software, especially Perforce
- Experience working on a AAA game
- Demonstrable scripting or object-oriented programming experience
- Technical Art or Computer Science education or applicable work experience
- Desk-side technical support experience
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation applications (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Wwise)
- Familiarity with game development suites (Unity, Unreal)
- Familiarity with end user UR or UX best practices
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.