Bungie is seeking a technical artist ready to drive improvements in content creation workflows and visual fidelity. Our team is focused on bringing the science-fantasy world of Destiny to life and we need creative technologists with diverse perspectives to help us achieve that goal. As a Technical Artist, you will collaborate with the art team to define the pipelines and techniques that will deliver our shared vision. The team will challenge and grow your technical versatility as you tackle a diverse set of visual challenges with an eye on sustainable solutions. Join our team of Technical Artists if you are ready to take on the immense visual range Destiny has to offer.
- Provide look development and content examples, ensuring artists can fully realize the engine's potential
- Build out new tools to empower artists to do their best work
- Align artists around technical standards for asset creation
- Assist Artists with the setup of complex game assets and workflows
- Write new shaders and render features to upgrade the screen and delight our customers
- Provide guidelines for managing asset memory and performance across platforms
- Provide classroom and/or written material to maximize content creator efficiency
- Production knowledge of a DCC Package; examples include Maya, Houdini, Blender, and Substance
- Experience creating render features and/or tools in HLSL, Python, or C#
- Solid understanding of real time rendering concepts
- Working knowledge of PBR concepts, lighting and shader systems
- Experience authoring node graph shaders
- Service minded approach to supporting and enabling others
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Passion for video games and the process to the create them
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.