Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on multiplayer combat and action gameplay? Have you ever had a debate about what prediction model a new online game is using?
As a Gameplay Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will build the architecture and systems underlying multiplayer gameplay that feels amazing – the nexus of animation, gameplay, and networking - on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Build and maintain dependable production-quality networked gameplay systems, workflows, and tools
- Directly manage and lead several engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
- Professional experience as a software engineer in game development who has built networked real-time action gameplay systems (ex. input layers, prediction and collision models, character controllers, etc.)
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Experience with “games as a service” online game development
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.