- Careers //
- Engineering //
Incubation Gameplay Engineering LeadApply Now
Would you like to work on a new IP and new genre at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on joyful PvP combat and action gameplay?
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build the gameplay architecture and systems that make the game feel amazing – the nexus of animation, gameplay, and networking - using a wide range of technologies. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Build and maintain production-quality gameplay systems, workflows, and tools
- Directly manage and lead several engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback and career development coaching
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
- Experience building networked real-time action gameplay systems (ex. input layers, prediction and collision models, character controllers, etc.)
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Experience with development using the Unreal Engine
- Experience with development on a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile)
- Experience with “games as a service” development
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.