Bungie is seeking a Business Operations Manager - Destiny Universe to help drive the future expansion of Destiny Universe. We are searching for an exceptional project manager who will run the Destiny Universe leadership team’s rituals and strategy processes. This includes guiding the creation and maintenance of the Destiny Universe roadmap, coordinating the timing of releases, and aligning all go-to-market experience and consumer product rollouts in the Destiny portfolio. This position will also craft and manage processes to coordinate and align internal project teams and external creative partners in service of the Universe strategy and roadmap.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Own and facilitate ongoing meetings, communications, and processes for the Destiny Universe team, including providing detailed notes and action items from all meetings
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and special projects, including stewardship of the Destiny franchise roadmap
- Facilitate teamwork, alignment and transparency between different Destiny projects and teams, resolving any dysfunctions as they occur
- Maintain the database of executive work – strategic initiatives, tasks, and action items
- Drive execution of projects in support of Destiny’s Annual Operating Plan
- Act as a point of contact between Destiny project leaders
- Craft regular communications (email, presentations, etc.) to Destiny stakeholders, the Bungie studio, and partners
- Report to Bungie Business Operations Manager and be accountable to the Destiny VP
- Outstanding project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to on-time completion
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to deliver executive presentations and broad-scale communications
- Demonstrated experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
- Passion for franchise management and relevant experience in entertainment industries
- Passion for and history with the Destiny IP, having spent many hours with its world and characters
- Experience working in creative industries and IP/franchise management
- Experience working with external 3rd parties on co-development and licensing projects
- Experience with Jira, TFS, Asana, Miro, and other similar project management tools
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.