When you look at fresh new concept art what do you see? Do you see a 2D design that needs to be sculpted in 3D, or do you visualize how the buckles and straps fit together and hold armor over under suit in a functional and comfortable way? Do you think about the story a suit of armor tells the player, or the experience fighting through a hoard of the monsters you are about to realize in 3D? When you start to sculpt or texture, do you think about everyone that will need to work on the character in order to bring it to life for the player experience?
We are looking for Artists who champion the character design, the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. To breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. To bring smiles to people’s faces as they live the games we make together. If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team, and let’s create new worlds together!
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- • Translate fully realized concepts and simple napkin sketches into amazing models of weapons and vehicles
- • Author realistic and futuristic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- • Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- • Collaborate with the Art Lead, Concept, FX, Design, Engineering, and Animation on visuals, functions, style, limitations, etc.
- • Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- • Mentorship
- • Experience working as a Hard Surface Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent
- • Well-rounded understanding of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality
- • Expert knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- • Proficient with high to low poly pipelines
- • Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- • Participate in constructive critiques, giving and receiving feedback
- • Committed to create great games
- • Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- • Experience with Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer
- • Traditional art skills
- • People management
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.