Do you love building fun action scenarios for players? Do you enjoy tuning and adjusting combat encounters until they feel just right? Are you looking to work on AAA games with talented and enthusiastic people in a team environment? If so, we have the job for you! Bungie is looking for an open-minded, creative and dedicated Senior Activity Designer for Destiny.
As a Senior Activity Designer, you are responsible for the planning, development and execution of Destiny’s core activities & pursuits. You will work as part of a highly collaborative group and interact with a diverse set of teams to own and craft compelling PvE and reward experiences for the game’s annual and seasonal releases. You will help in driving a process and culture that relies on providing and receiving feedback to shepherd content through all phases of production.
- Design, build, and maintain PvE encounters, activities, and pursuit content to achieve creative vision and deliverable goals
- Plan and implement pursuit content, supporting multiple content areas and uses
- Collaborate with and learn from economy designers to determine and implement reward points for your content
- Champion the design vision for your content, and drive iteration based on reactions from studio leadership, project leads, and playtests
- Deep knowledge of spatial and mechanical encounter principles
- Experience with level/spatial design tools and gameplay scripting languages
- Strong understanding of the Destiny player experience, economy, and PvE activities
- Driven to contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Ability to be self-sufficient and self-motivated while having no fear of asking for help or guidance
- Excitement for collaboration with designers, artists, programmers, musicians, testers and producers to achieve a common goal
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.