Bungie is seeking a technical, creative, and collaborative designer for the Destiny team. A Systems Designer is responsible for assisting with the conception, implementation, and refinement of systems that drive fantastic player experiences within the pursuits and rewards space. As a Systems Designer you will learn how to build compelling systems that aid players in understanding and engaging with an ever persistent world; working with a variety of different disciplines to produce a cohesive and rewarding experience.
- Work with a small team to create a wide variety of pursuit and reward-based systems
- Perform scripting and tool work
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines and teams to create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems
- Tune gameplay values to create, maintain, and balance compelling experiences in a live environment
- Experience working with game development software and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who seeks to build alignment and demonstrates strong feedback skills
- Created a finished game experience, either personally or with a small team
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage simple game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.