- Careers //
- Engineering //
Unannounced Project Senior Software Engineer - CommerceApply Now
Do you love games that engage their players as long-term hobbies? Do you believe you can help design and develop systems for engagement and monetization that enhance the game as a hobby? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with both gameplay teams and business teams? Would you like to join Bungie in creating our next enduring game IP?
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on commerce you will be responsible for developing and continuously improving commerce systems for Bungie's next big game. You will be working closely with our gameplay team, Bungie's central services team, and our business team to gather requirements, define technology roadmaps, and build systems to help these teams achieve their goals. You will review gameplay and business requirements to ensure that we our meeting our business goals in compliance with our monetization values. You will be engaged in full stack development across both client and service technology and ensuring that we have built systems that are secure, scalable, and agile. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
- With minimal oversight, design and build commerce technology, starting from the perspective of the player experience
- Efficiently deliver production code, workflows, and tools across multiple tech stacks in C++ and C# codebases
- Ensure that our commerce systems are secure, scalable, and aligned with our values
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to solve problems with technology, including areas such as player engagement, monetization, business analytics, and customer support
- Provide technical guidance to teammates and product leadership
- Experience programming in C++
- Effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly design, write and review code, by driving team consensus and alignment
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication
- Ability to communicate with customers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in unfamiliar code that spans many different teams and technology stacks, with minimal oversight
- Development experience with online game systems
- Experience working on a live service game
- Experience programming in C#, Go, or Java
- Experience with online services technologies. E.g., Kubernetes, Linux, SQL, NoSQL, RabbitMQ, React
- Experience developing or supporting game monetization, engagement, and/or analytics systems
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.