Bungie is seeking an experienced Compensation Manager to support the ongoing compensation efforts of the Bungie People Team and be a driving force in the analysis and innovation of the studio's ever-evolving compensation portfolio.
The Compensation Manager is a key member of Bungie’s People Team and will represent a crucial pillar of empowerment for the diverse creative minds and technical talent united in the mission to create industry- and genre-defining entertainment.
This role is embedded within an energetic, results-oriented, highly collaborative environment and will have the opportunity to help define the direction of new compensation programs while leveraging analytics to identify current trends and maximize the success of Bungie’s ongoing strategies. The Compensation Manager will also operate as a compensation consultant for the studio, engaging with team members at all levels to gather information that further influences the effectiveness of the Bungie’s broader compensation goals.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated compensation management experience and should be a creative, enthusiastic self-starter – someone who is eager to receive feedback, can adapt quickly to changing factors, and can craft a bold vision of effective compensation tools that attract, retain, and consistently incentivize world-class talent.
This role reports directly to the Compensation and Benefits Senior Manager.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Oversee program adjustments that are cost-effective, consistent with market trends and company objectives, and designed to attract, retain, and incentivize employees
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing compensation practices
- Create, maintain, and implement pay structures for the studio
- Participate in compensation surveys and collaborate with HR business partners and department heads to create compensation reviews
- Partner with key stakeholders to prepare required documentation and employee communications
- Proactively assess compensation policies and practices to address identified issues and areas for improvement within Bungie
- Utilize compensation policies and practices to interpret situations and advise management and employees as needed
- Communicate and coordinate compensation changes, promotions, transfers, and various data changes through established systems and workflows to ensure stakeholders receive the appropriate information
- Maintain working knowledge of legislation that may affect compensation policies and practices
- Experience in compensation in a high-paced environment, preferably within high-tech environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate data-driven recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, with an emphasis toward excellence in customer service
- Experience working in MS Office and a variety of HR information systems, including the ability to create pivot tables, vlookups, charts, and graphs, partnered with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dynamic personality that will build relationships and trust at all levels. Must have good judgment and a self-starter attitude, including a strong work ethic and self-direction to drive tasks to completion with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability to improve and scale processes. A systems thinker who can effectively diagnose the root cause and affect large-scale change
- Demonstrated capability of handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.