Bungie is looking for an Animation Lead who can bring positive leadership and experience to Bungie’s art efforts on player characters, combatants, weapons and cinematics. If you enjoy leading artists to collaborate and deliver amazing animation content, then this is the role for you.
As the Animation Art Lead, you will be accountable for all aspects of planning and executing Animation content. You will collaborate with Art Director to define primary goals and the high-level vision for the Animation Discipline. You will build, manage, and lead the animation team as they deliver on the above vision and goals. You will partner with Production to ensure delivery, engage with Design to align the artistic experience to gameplay, align with Scenario on Narrative efforts, drive technical advancements alongside Tech Art and Engineering to improve pipelines, and collaborate with Art Leadership to translate the higher Art Direction into compelling Animation content.
- Collaborate with the Art Leadership and Area Leads to define the visual goals for Animation content
- Lead a team of Animators in the creation of a variety of animation content across Combatants, Cinematics, Rewards and NPC teams
- Work with production to estimate project deliverables, ensuring they are delivered on schedule
- Work with small team leadership to ensure content meets defined objectives, at Destiny’s established experiential quality bar
- Work with Test and production to triage bugs in your area when closing milestones and projects
- Strive to optimize and enhance an effective animation pipeline while identifying workflow improvements
- Align with the People Team initiatives to manage, mentor, and inspire team members
- Promote a culture of collaboration
- Proven experience through full AAA development cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced understanding of the core principals of animation art content creation
- Outstanding analytical skills, ability to problem solve and drive creative solutions
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Organizationally strong and possessing attention to detail
- Willingness to grow junior artists on the team
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.