Do you love telling a good story? Do you enjoy filling in the fascinating details to support a broadly appealing sci-fi universe? Bungie is looking for a highly collaborative and creative Narrative Designer to join the Destiny 2 team working on our annual expansions. In this role you will work closely with the various small teams to write strings, create scripts, and collaborate on narrative experiences in activities and missions. You will participate in a process and culture that relies on providing and receiving feedback to shepherd content through all phases of production.
- Design and implement globally appealing narrative moments, dialogue, and cinematic content
- Maintain tone and style of the established IP
- Partner with Narrative leadership across project teams to bring globally appealing fiction to the gameplay experience
- Align with the Narrative Lead on pillars and goals for Expansion level Narrative content.
- Generate and maintain story treatments, character bios, environment guides, casting documents, and other supporting narrative documentation
- Prepare reference materials and scripts for recording sessions
- Collaborate with designers to provide fiction/writing support to new features and other design requests
- Support an imaginative and fun work environment
- Master the tools and workflows associated with creating narrative content
- Promote healthy workflows and solicit support for improvements
- Proven game industry experience on AAA games or MMOs
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good understanding of all aspects of the narrative design development process, including design methodology, craftsmanship, production, and collaboration with external cinematic and voice vendors
- Experience collaborating on narrative content across multiple story channels
- Understanding of game production, design tools, and systems
- Ability to assess and emulate the tone, themes, and character voices of Destiny
- Comfortable working with proprietary tools
- Background in writing and a passion for storytelling in non-gaming media
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service")
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.