Do you want to work on a game where security is critical to the success of the product? Do you love games and the technology that enables us to build them? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with other engineers? Would you like to help Bungie create their next enduring game IP?
As a Game Security Engineer you will design and maintain our anti-cheat detections and overall application security. You will become an expert in these systems and a resource for our analysts in their hunt for bad actors. You will be a resource for our gameplay engineers and designers, helping them ensure fair and honest gameplay.
- Architect, develop, and maintain anti-cheat technology in C/C++
- Understand cheat behaviors to inform future anti-cheat direction
- Help craft policies that standardize Bungie’s security response
- Engage in game engine system development when not working on security
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience writing and debugging the lowest levels of a native code tech stack (e.g., optimized code, assembly, multi-threaded engine systems)
- Effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly design, write and review code, by building team consensus and alignment
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work closely with others to reach common goals—collaboration is very important to us
- Application security, anti-cheat, or cybersecurity experience
- Familiarity with kernel mode operation
- Reverse engineering experience
- C# and/or tools experience
- SQL experience
- Experience with networking and authority models for multiplayer action games
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.