Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the Senior Strategic Finance Manager will join the growing Financial Planning & Analysis team at Bungie. As the Senior Strategic Finance Manager you will create and manage long-term models, and provide financial and analytical guidance and support across the studio. In this role, you will partner with many cross-functional groups including Game Development, Business Performance, Publishing, and Analytics. You will be responsible for business/market intelligence insight, benchmarking industry best practices and monitoring emerging industry trends.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and operating model to communicate performance and plans, and to be able to ascertain where to make incremental investments for maximum return
- Lead and manage strategic financial planning process for organization to define long-term and annual goals
- Work closely with business unit leaders and business performance and analytics teams to produce detailed financial models for existing and new game development
- Maintain and develop long-term plan and game specific models to support long-term company strategic goals
- Establish game KPIs and standard cost matrix to drive models and facilitate analysis of planned versus actual game performance
- Build analytical frameworks and forward-looking models to enable quality decision-making and support future funding activities
- Anticipate risk scenarios and recommend mitigation strategies to business unit leaders and management
- Define and analyze internal productivity metrics for development activities to help drive efficiencies (i.e. live game content and in-game assets)
- Refine financial model process and provide financial guardrails and key metrics to greenlight new game development
- Develop driver-based revenue models that reflect the increasing complexity of the business
- Keep current on industry trends and identify and communicate opportunities and risks on a proactive and timely basis
- Work collaboratively with the business to drive better returns by verification and challenge of business assumptions and how they affect overall company performance
- Strive for continuous improvements in process, systems, reporting, and partnerships
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Relevant experience in corporate strategy, finance, or investment banking
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, math or engineering. MBA strongly preferred
- Experience in the games or entertainment industry
- Expert financial modeling skills and solid knowledge of financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Experience with managing long term planning process for organization
- Ability to create structure from ambiguity, and be a self-starter while doing it
- Proficient with return on investment analysis (IRR, NPV, LTV/CAC, cohort analysis, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex business operating models and operational indicators into financial performance
- Experience with scale and global complexity, as well as experience supporting new business models and ancillary revenue streams
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
- Highly effective communicator and influencer
- Practical understanding of US GAAP
- Familiarity with SQL and Tableau
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.