Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Are you passionate about the science and art of how player sandboxes and environments work together to create amazing gameplay moments? Do you love quickly prototyping environments to see how player actions work in different spatial contexts?
Bungie is looking for talented individuals to help create beautiful, thoughtful, and engaging game worlds. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent to contribute to an unannounced multiplayer action game currently in development.
Estimated Duration: 9-12 months
- Concept, design, and rapidly prototype new map layout and level design ideas in engine
- Collaborate with gameplay designers to create environments that are engaging gameplay spaces
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to finished states
- UV map and paint custom texture sets for levels
- Embrace a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Ability to skillfully make level design choices based on how the environment affects gameplay needs
- Strong understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Excellent sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Undergraduate degree or completion of a certificate program that provides an education in the fundamentals of art and design
- Familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape/esports
- Experience working on character-focused action games
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.