Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Are you passionate about the science and art of how player sandboxes and environments work together to create amazing gameplay moments? Do you love quickly prototyping environments to see how player actions work in different spatial contexts?
Bungie is looking for a Level Designer to contribute to an unannounced multiplayer action game currently in development.
Estimated Duration: 9-12 months
- Concept, design, and rapidly prototype new map layout and level design ideas in engine
- Contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game, ensuring consistency across all aspects of game design
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to final layout state
- Conduct playtests autonomously to drive feedback and suggestions to iterate on your work
- Embrace a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience building and iterating upon a multiplayer level for a PVP game
- Basic understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Excellent sense of scale and spatial awareness
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience in Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape/esports
- Experience with UV mapping and painting custom texture sets for levels
- Experience working on character-focused action games
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.