Are you ready to evolve Destiny's powerful build system to support the creation of new worlds, new games, and beyond? Are you excited to help build consensus across your team and partners towards the best possible outcome for customers? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As the Distributed Systems Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will lead a team of engineers in developing and maintaining our internal build farm and associated workflows. You will be part of our Central Technology group, working closely with multiple game teams to parallelize and improve their workflows. You will partner with our operations team to ensure they have the right tools to support our build farm and customers. You will tackle the unique challenges of continuously delivering world-class games to our players.
- Manage Distributed Systems Engineers and Architects, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Work with Central Technology leadership to define and create the future of Bungie’s Build Farm
- Represent the needs of the Build Farm Team to key stakeholders, balancing and prioritizing requests against the team’s roadmap
- Design, build, test, and maintain the systems and tooling that support our Build Farm
- Be a key contributor in Build Farm architecture design and reviews
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture. You work well with others to reach common goals— team fit, and culture are especially important to us
- Experience leading teams developing complex products with high cross-team dependencies
- Experience managing or mentoring other engineers
- Experience with distributed systems development in C#, C++, Java, or another object-oriented language
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience developing build systems.
- Deep operating systems knowledge (Windows and/or Linux/Unix)
- Experience with SQL (specifically with sprocs and high-contention queries)
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g., scrum, kanban, etc.)
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.