Bungie is looking for a 3D Hard Surface Art Lead who can bring inspiring leadership and experience to the incubation team’s art efforts on 3D Hard Surface assets such as: weapons, vehicles, and props. If you enjoy leading artists to collaborate and deliver amazing 3D content, then this is the role for you! As the 3D Hard Surface Art Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of strategizing, implementing, and executing 3D Hard Surface creation for the game. You will collaborate with the Art Director to define the vision and the goals for the 3D Hard Surface art content we will create. You will manage and lead the various artists as they execute on this vision and goals. You will be working closely with other disciplines on the team to create breathtaking and compelling content for the game.
If this role speaks to you, we are right there with you, it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things, and we think you might fit in just fine.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Concept Lead to align visual quality and communicate goals for 3D content expectations
- Lead a team of 3D artists in the creation of hard surface content through all phases of production
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members with clear direction and promote a culture of collaborative innovation
- Conduct frequent constructive feedback sessions in art content reviews with 3D artists
- Work with Test and production to triage bugs in your area when closing milestones and projects
- Partner with production to estimate project deliverables, ensuring defined project objectives are met, defined quality bar, and escalate and mitigate risks
- Strive to optimize and enhance an effective 3D Art pipeline alongside Engineers while identifying workflow improvements, looking for opportunities to bring high levels of automation
- Partner with Art Manager in onboard new 3D artists to the project art style
- Conduct frequent syncs with Design to align the artistic experience with gameplay
- Maintain and ensure project documentation for 3D Hard Surface Art style and pipeline technology are up to date and shareable
- Full knowledge and experience in content creation development cycle
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced understanding of the core principles of 3D art content creation
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Willingness to grow junior artists on the team
- Proven ability to provide leadership and direction to a team of 3D artists
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.