Are you inspired by games, and technology that engages players and forges friendships? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to help Bungie create their next enduring game IP?
As a Gameplay Systems Engineer focused on social gameplay at Bungie, you will help shape and innovate technology for Bungie’s next big game. You will collaborate closely with creative talent building features that enable social interactions between players and help strengthen community bonds. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, committed and creative team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build new social gameplay experiences
- With minimal oversight, design and build social gameplay systems, starting from the perspective of the player experience
- Experience programming in C++
- Effectively communicate with fellow engineers to jointly design, write and review code, by building team consensus and alignment
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation.
- Comfortable working in unfamiliar code that spans many different teams and technology stacks, with minimal oversight
- Development experience with online game systems
- Experience working on social gameplay features such as clans, chat, matchmaking, etc.
- Experience working with social platform APIs such as Twitch, YouTube, Discord, etc.
- Experience working with scalable online services
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Bungie does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Bungie recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be initiated from an @bungie.com email address.